Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Recoveries, Accidents and Miracles

My knee felt better tonight. I didn't skate, but I did stretch with the team before practice. For the first time, I was able to bend my knee far enough to do the stretch where you lie down and pull your foot up behind your butt so you're almost sitting on it. I tried it Monday and couldn't do it at all.

Tomorrow is my last day before leaving for Dallas. The team is meeting up Friday morning at 8. Tomorrow I have a ton to do, but I hope to get in a workout. My mother will be here at about 5 p.m. Charlie will be at school from 9:00 to 1:00. During that time I have to go grocery shopping, clean out my car, make up the bed in the guest room, and work out. There's a lot more to do, like packing and cleaning up my house, but some of it can be done after Charlie gets home. He always takes a long nap right after playschool.

Speaking of the little guy, yesterday he pulled a very heavy mirror down onto his head and cut himself. He was fine, but I nearly stroked out. About an hour after that, once I had him bathed and cleaned up and had convinced myself that he was okay, he slipped and busted his face on the kitchen floor. That one happened on Tim's watch while I was in the bedroom vacuuming up tiny pieces of glass from the first accident! We thought he was fine, but then today while I was eating lunch with a friend, I noticed that his tooth was chipped. I'm taking him to the dentist Monday.

If only dentists could prescribe Xanax for mommies with rambunctious little boys...

Oh, by the way, I just had to post the greatest moment in football history. (So far!) I still get chills every time I watch this. Tim and I were both on our feet, and I'll never forget the way we looked at each other when we realized it was good. It was definitely one of those moments that you will always remember where you were when...

No comments:

Post a Comment