Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rock 'n Roller Derby

The Derby Does Dallas fundraiser was last night at the Thirsty Hippo. We had about 120 people show up, and we made a little over $500. It was so cool to have all these bands come play for free just to support the Southern Misfits. We're trying to think of something nice to do for them, but what do you do? Send flowers?

My MRI didn't show any meniscal tears, thankfully. Dr. Rouse said I have some significant inflammation and swelling around the anterior horn of the lateral meniscus, which is doctor talk for the cartilage on the front, outside part of the knee. I have some physical therapy exercises to do. They suck. The goal is to strengthen the quadricep (thigh muscle) so that it can bear more weight and take some of the pressure off the joint. This is good motivation to keep trying to lose weight as soon as I get my knee to where I can use it.

The Widower and I are excited about the Saints-Vikings game today. We're going to order some pizza from Jaybird's and cheer for New Orleans. You're going down, Favre!

No comments:

Post a Comment